Thursday, February 15, 2018

Hello Everyone.

Hello Everyone,
Had a big sewing break over the Christmas Holidays and the New Year ,also my sewing class group and we have been back into the quilting for 2 weeks .
Happy now as catching up on my backlog of projects from when hubby was sick and in the intensive care for 5 months. He had a big struggle and it is coming up to a year now, I do miss him dearly now he has gone .Was together from when I was 16 yrs old. .
 He liked the quilting projects and patterns .He was very interested in some of the new machines with what they could do. One of the times when  he was out of hospital he talked me into a up grading my machine to the Janome Memory Craft 9900 with the touch screen. That was 12 months ago and I have only unpacked it a week ago .Not used as yet. He was very encouraging and helpful with all the measurements for the quilt patterns, Something that I'm not that good with. haha.

My sewing group girls have been busy also. and have some nice quilts for me to showcase.

 Lynne has used some pretty batics for this quilt.



Glenda has this put away for a little boy whom I am sure will love it.



My dragonflies are waiting to be quilted. I am going to try my new  machine to quilt it.


Val has finished the top of her quilt and was pinning it to quilt last time  I looked.




This quilt below  I only have to have the binding sewn to have it finished..

  Glenda has made this and now it is ready for quilting.


 Lynne has made theses pretty last 2 quilts.




This is my old quilting machine that my Ray used to get set up for me .He was going to practise using it to do the quilting.

Here is my little Chloe watching the television. standing up on her back feet to see.


Thank you for calling in to have a look.
Happy sewing ,
Jen xx


3 comments:

Jo said...

Oh Jen, it sure is a hard time to get past what has happened and back into routine. It seems like our bodies just get by. Every memory counts. Hopefully you can happily get on to your new machine and make some new memories. Take care..

Jen said...

Hi Jo, Yes I understands your words. I know you know this. I am away for 4 days but I am going to get that new machine working full on when I get back .
love Jen xx

Marilyn said...

Lovely to see the quilts. The dragon flies are spectacular. Enjoy your new machine.